Sunday, August 9, 2009

F104 Pro

I picked up this kit at ultimate about a month ago and I’ve been driving it on the Tamiya track in Aliso Viejo, CA. On the smooth track there this thing is so easy to drive, the only adjustments I had to make was changing the exponential setting on my controller to make it less sensitive.

I left the motor the stock silver can, SR3000 receiver, LRP AI Runner ESC (overheats too quickly and has no on/off switch), servo is the DS1313. My first digital servo. If you didn’t have to cut the tabs on the servo to use it with this kit I’d try a different one to see if it’s the car or the servo that makes this thing so easy and smooth to drive.

The car is VERY easy and quick to build, only thing that I thought was strange was the front rims are wider than the foam tires (this is the first time I’ve had foam tires, fine on the smooth track, useless on a dusty road surface, and they’re expensive I’ll try to get some rubber ones at some point).

The battery mounts length wise in the carbon fiber chassis which is VERY cool, if it wasn’t for just one screw on the right hand bottom side of the car you could fit a square shaped lipo in there, instead I’m using the stick pack lipos mentioned in a previous post.

IMG_8003 IMG_8004

IMG_8005 IMG_8006

IMG_8007  IMG_8009

 IMG_8008Here you can see the servo with the cut off tabs. It’s a fairly heavy one, might be helping the front tires get some extra grip without inducing too much understeer.

IMG_8013 IMG_8017

IMG_8018 IMG_8023

IMG_8024 IMG_8025

The F104 Pro comes with optional side pontoons, this will take a way some room inside for electronics but it looks fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment